Sunday, June 1, 2008

Washington DC

This Spring Break I took a 5 day trip to the nation's capital with 20 kids and two of my teachers. We had so much fun! We took a red eye flight there and arrived around six am. We got our luggage, ate breakfast, and started the day. We saw a few monuments and then went to the Holocaust Museum. It was a crazy first day... that night was super scary. We were all asleep when this guy walks into our room (of course I was the one in the pull-out couch all alone...) saying that this is his room and who are you etc. My two roomies are out like wood so I get up and start screaming at them but they thought I was crazy. Then the phone rang, the manager showed up at door, (by then we had everybody in the room awake, the lights and TV on) and asked who we were and what we were doing. We told them we were with World Strides and to make a long story short... my English Teacher gave them a shout and all was good again. Until the next night when we got locked out...

But the trip was way fun- I think we saw EVEYTHING in the city including Iwo Jima, Washington Memorial, the Capitol, the Library of Congress, WWII Memorial, Korean Memorial, Air Force and Coast Guard Monuents, and that’s just a taste of it. We had a blast!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

what an adventure! Glad you had a great time! lisa